Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Square Trade" warranty - Legit? Scam?

Apple iPhone "Square Trade" warranty - Legit? Scam? Difficult to get your phone

Does anyone know how good the "Square Trade" warranty is?

Is it a scam?

Do they make it really difficult to get your phone fixed?

See below for cut-and-paste from an ad:

SquareTrade iPhone 2-Year Warranty for $99.
Unlike AppleCare, SquareTrade's extended warranty also includes drop and spill protection.

iPhone Warranty
Square Trade warranty Apple iPhone
I have it on my sons pantech matrix. He's had to have it fixed twice at no cost to me(except for shipping it to the repair facility). I would highly recommend them.

-----
I have used them for another phone. I also have their warranty on my laptop but haven't had to use it, thank goodness. With the phone I had (a treo), they gave me my full purchase price back because it was an older phone.

They've always been courteous and easy to deal with.

No comments: