Wednesday, September 15, 2010

iPhone w/o SIM card used as an iPod.

Apple iPhone iPod - iPhone with no SIM card used as an iPod.

Can and iPhone 3g with no SIM card be used just as an iPod?. After restoring and installing latest OS it won't let me continue without the SIM card installed.

iPhone iPod
Sim Card Apple iPhone iPod
It should, just press the home button. I think maybe after doing a full restore using iTunes you do have to put any (even non-activated or deactivated) SIM in for it to get past the "Activation" screen then it will work fine.

-----
I tried that and yes it works until there is an update, then it requires a sim card to be installed or it bricked for me until I got one. Be careful!

-----
For the update, does that require an active or will an inactive SIM work?

-----
I used a blank, inactive sim when I updated mine.

No comments: