Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bricked iPhone

Apple iPhone - Bricked iPhone

I need help on Bricked iPhone:

1- Woke up one morning and the screen was dark.

2- Windows XP OS on my computer.

Tried DFU, holding 10 and 20 seconds both home and power buttons.

What should I do?

iPhone AT & T
Bricked Apple iPhone
Dfu procedure mentioned is not correct. Google it.

-----
Your first step should be to charge your phone for awhile upon a reliable charger.

-----
OP was asking about an iPhone where "the screen was dark". No mention about any "Apple Mobile Device Service" errors in iTunes.

But... Sometimes you can reset your iphone to come alive, by connecting with iTunes.

He might try connecting to iTunes.

----
See, now you have an answer that will work with iPhone and Windows PC.

If after you try the process, it is will not start up, I understand that the Apple Stores can reinstall the firmware that appears to have been corrupted and/or been erased from your iPhone. I have no clue if it is anything beyond the support article.

-----
Solution to my brick iPhone:

I was using a sim card other than ATT and once I put one of the old ATT sim card the phone worked.

No comments: