Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Local contacts on iPhone from Exchange?

Apple iPhone - Local contacts on iPhone from Exchange?

I sync my iPhone Contacts with Exchange server. This means that when the Exchange server is down or out of reach, I have no local contacts at all. Is there a way to replicate the list onto the phone?

iPhone Sync
Call girl wallpaper for apple iphone sync
They should stay on the phone, you just wouldn't be able to send/receive updates until service is back. What phone and iOS version are you on?

Otherwise, whenever you had no data connectivity (Airplane mode / WiFi Off) you would have no contacts or calendar, etc. Unless there is some security feature turned that HAS to connect / verify w/Exchange server before showing contacts but I haven't seen anyone else report this...

-----
I've got a 3GS running the latest iOS 4.whatever , and syncing with Exchange Server 2007 over ActiveSync

(extra fun: I sync my iPhone to my home computer; my home computer is NOT allowed to access the Exchange Server)

On further experimentation I only experienced the problem when I was *locked out* of the Exchange Server so I'm going to have to do some more testing. Need to have some free time at work to play with being locked out so I can unlock myself; getting unlocked from home is No Fun.

No comments: