Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mophie's $80 Juice Pack Air ships to iPhone 4 owners

Apple iPhone - Mophie's $80 Juice Pack Air ships to power-hungry iPhone 4 owners

My, how far we've come. Believe it or not, Mophie's Juice Pack pack is in its seventh generation of product development, with the latest 'Air' supporting Apple's polarizing iPhone 4. For those unaware, these cases nearly double the battery life of the phone they're wrapped around, and better still, it acts as protection against drops and dropped calls.

Fancy that! This little guy is said to provide up to six extra hours of 3G talk time, 36 hours of bonus audio playback or nine hours of video playback. It's shipping now, just like we said, to those willing to part ways with $79.95, and it's available in any color you want, so long as it's black.

Mophie's $80 Juice Pack Air ships to power-hungry iPhone 4 owners originally appeared on Engadget on Wed, 08 Sep 2010 03:29:00 EDT.

iPhone mophie
Juice Pack air apple iphone mophie
Some background on Mophie as reported in the local paper last weekend.

http://topics.mlive.com/tag/mophie/index.html

or

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2010/09/tech_company_found\
ed_in_southw.html


-----
I was thinking I wouldn't need a juice pack anymore once I get the iPhone 4? How's the battery life?

-----
The battery life on the Iphone is great. I don't have to charge it nearly as often as I did my 3gs. I just like knowing I have the extra battery if I need it and the Mophie product is an excellent accessory to have around.

-----
I have no need for a juice pack, but then, I didn't with my 3G, either....

-----
I have never gone thru a full charge on my iPhone 4 in a single day (unplug before I leave home and have 25-60% left when I get home). But not having to remember to charge every day, preserving charge cycles, and having a fairly protective case all in one is worth it. Since $29 apple case was refunded I look Mophie only costing $50

-----
Mine is plugged in, charging, overnight, but in addition, may sit in a charge in the car if my errands are longer.

With regard to that, the case I am using at present, and likely to continue using, is the InCase version provided by the "Apple Bumper Program", and it is the ONLY case I have found to date with which I can STILL place the iPhone 4, IN its case, into the TomTom Car Kit dashboard mount.

Place a small piece of corrugated cardboard between the case and the back of the kit, at the bottom, and the power switch is triggered, so the kit's features all works as they did with the 3G.

-----
So long as it's black I love that lol

-----
I can't believe I'm buying another one but they are just great! Now I'll really be set if I'm traveling or what-not. I like it that this model uses the juicepack before the Iphone battery and that it turns itself off if not being used.

-----
I found as I also have an iPad, I barely use the iPhone 4 at all.

If I do need to worry about batteries, I have the FastMac IV case was for 3G/3GS and a naked iPhone 4 fits beautifully in there.

OK, It is not an attractive case, but you can't argue 'if it ain't broke...'

No comments: