Thursday, September 23, 2010

Disappearing icons from bar

Apple iPhone - Disappearing icons from bar

The weirdest thing...I now only have 3 icons on the bottom bar....don't really know what's missing...but i have mail, ipod and the phone icon.

Thought we couldn't delete those things....heck...I didn't even try! How do I get my icons back on my 3G?

iPhone tutorials
Wallpaper for Apple iPhone tutorials
I delete by accident all the time. The thing with those non deleteable aps is this: you just removed it from the bottom bar. The app is somewhere on your phone. Typically I think there is mail, phone, safari and IPod.

Just find it and drop it back. You can also put something else there - I have messaging instead of IPod because ibises it way more.

-----
Chances are you moved one of them to some other screen. You can put any icon on the home bar. Check around, I bet you'll find the missing icon.

-----
You can't delete those built-ins (or the new "game center") but you can move them. As others have said, look around on all your screens. You can put anything you want on the dock (bottom) bar, just as you can rearrange what's on each screen (or, with iOS4, in folders).

-----
You can't. But you can move apps off and on the Dock exactly the same way you can move apps around from screen to screen. Hold any icon until they wiggle, then move them around. The Dock holds up to four icons.

-----
The 4th one is Safari. I didn't know these could be removed either.

Have you tried a restart? Hold the sleep/wake button at the top and the Home button down together until the Apple logo appears, then let go.

-----
I rebooted...no change....i hooked it up and resynced [hadn't done this in a few days...] and still no change.

-----
Can you see Safari anywhere? If so, hold it until the apps wobble and drag it back to the bottom. (Just tried this for the first time and it works. I thought the 4 in the bottom bar were fixed until now.)

-----
All is well...didn't know i could drag anything off of the bottom....but i hooked it up to itunes...and dragged it's back down....tks!

No comments: