Thursday, September 2, 2010

Picasa or some other way

Apple iPhone - Picasa or some other way

Last time I checked, to download photos on blogger by using the iPhone I had to use Picasa. I learned from someone else that once the photos are up, Picasa wants full rights to them to distribute anywhere or how they see fit as long as they wish to do so.

Since I learned that, I decided maybe I don't want to use the iPhone for posting pics to my blog. So far, Picasa is the only way I'm able to transfer over pics to my blog from the iPhone directly without emailing or syncing the pics to my PC first.

Does anyone else know of a way? I have no trouble with Facebook pics going over, but the blogger ones become little boxes without an app.

iPhone iPad
business apple iphone photos
Pixelpipe maybe? It supports a boatload of upload destinations. I use it for Facebook, twitter, and I have a few FTP sites that auto generate galleries with PHP code I wrote. Maybe it supports your blog software.

-----
There is an app for iPad ($2.99) in app store that allows posting to several blog platforms and allows posting video, photos through several servers: Flickr, Picasa or their BlogPress platform.

I haven't tried it, but it looks interesting. Wonder if anyone is using this one? Says it is also compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch

Not sure if this would meet your requirements, but I thought that any photo you posted via computer to Blogger, went to Picasa or maybe that is my default photo server.

It seems they used to have a direct email address you could sent photos, I haven't tried that either, but might be worth looking on the Blogger Help site or googling it.

No comments: