Wednesday, September 1, 2010

iPhone doesn't appear in iTunes

Apple iPhone iTunes - iPhone doesn't appear in iTunes

I have my iTunes library on a very slow old PC, but it still works if I give it time.

Today, however, when I plugged my iPhone into the computer, the iTunes library doesn't show the iPhone.

I am using a 3Gs iPhone, and it has the iPhone 4 operating system on it. in case that is of interest.

I have looked around in iTunes and iPhone help. Haven't figured it out.

Picasa picked up the iPhone and imported the photos from it. So the computer is recognizing the iPhone. Just iTunes isn't

iPhone iTunes
Library apple iphone itunes
There is a minimum version iTunes that iOS 4 will work with. I can not seem to find that minimum for either the Mac OS or Windows. You said you are using an old PC, what version of iTunes are you using?

If it has worked in the past and you have not updated anything recently then it could be either the cable was not plugged in correctly or some 3rd party cables do not work properly. Have you checked the USB port with another device or cable?

To your earlier question, about slowness. It makes a big difference whether you have a 3G or 3GS. It is generally not recommended to update a 3G, at least not until Apple fixes a few things. If you are having a speed problem with your 3GS you can google for solutions or read back in the archives of this list.

-----
9.2 or maybe 9.x (9.0 or 9.1 or 9.2 or 9.2.1)

No comments: