Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sharing apps with iPad

Apple iPhone - Sharing apps with iPad

I'm planning on buying an iPad early next year. Will I be able to share my iPhone apps with my iPad or will I have to buy them again? Not a big deal for most, but my English-Italian dictionary cost $25. Wouldn't want to have to cough that up again.

iPhone iPad
Iphone tool box girl wallpaper for apple iphone iPad
Yes, long as they are both sync'd under the same iTunes account.

-----
Yes, you can use most of your iPhone Apps on the iPad, the ones that require phone functions obviously will not work and if you get a WiFi iPad, the ones that require GPS, etc will not work (as the current WiFi model does not have GPS). Most iPad Apps are universal meaning that there is only one app that works on both the iPhone and iPad in full screen - they show up in the App Store with a + sign. There are some apps that are only for the iPhone and show up in the middle of the iPad and you can hit the 2x button which stretches it out to make it full screen and then there are other apps that have separate iPhone and iPad versions that you would have to buy again IF you want the iPad specific version but the iPhone version will still work.

-----
Make certain you pay close attention to when the new version of the iPad will come out. Would guess April.

Don't want to buy and have a new one in a couple months.

-----
Yes and you can share apps with others on your authorized computer network through iTunes home sharing as well. I share apps I purchased with my husband too

No comments: