Saturday, September 25, 2010

voice mail message to "emailable" version

Apple iPhone - Voice mail message to "emailable" version

I have a lengthy voice mail message on my Iphone 4 from my Vet with detailed recovery instructions for my dog. All good news!

I tried to forward the voice mail to my wife's Iphone 3G but did not see/hear an option.

Is there a way to "download" that voice mail into a format that could be emailed to her?

iPhone Email
Rainiaz ahmad girl wallpaper for apple iphone email
Not sure why my reply to this did not go through. If you are on a Macintosh, there is a software package called phoneview that can be found via googling.

You can demo for 7 days and it has the capability of downloading the voicemail to your computer. The file will be mp4 format and can be emailed.

Hope this helps. If you are using PC, you might be able to find a similar product. I tried the demo for Mac and it worked fine. I have purchased software from this developer before and find them reliable products.

-----
I am assuming that you and your wife are not in the same location. Otherwise you could just let your wife listen to the instructions. Why not have her call the Vet or ask the Vet to email the instructions to her?

I don't know of one app that will do that all, but there are apps that will convert voice to dictation, and others that will save the voice mail to your computer. How to pay it back to that say Dragon Dictation can convert it to a text file would be simple logistics.

I use PhoneView from ecamm.com, $20, to copy various things from the iPhone to my Mac, including voicemails, and call logs.

-----
Yes calling the vet is another solution.

Getting the vet and someone on the phone at same time can be tough.

But since detailed voice mail was left i was trying to capitalize on it

Upenn program is vet school and hospital. Huge operation. Call. Page vet. Vet not available. Etc

-----
I just tried phoneview from this site:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/mod.html

They have a 7 day demo that works to transfer files. It loaded my voicemail and then I was able to select the voicemail that I wanted to copy to my desktop. It copies it to desktop as mp4 file. You would then be able to email this to whoever.

I am using a Mac. Not sure but believe this is good for Macs only. There maybe something similar for PC's.

I have used software made by this company for my isight camera on a Macintosh years ago and find them to be a reliable software developer for some of these type solutions that aren't readily available.

Hopefully the PC users on this site will be able to offer a suggestion for those who are using PCs.

No comments: