Saturday, September 18, 2010

Battery Failures

Apple iPhone - Battery Failures

Recently, my battery on a 3GS seemed to be failing much too early in the day, and worse without much active use by me.

So, first I tried setting all notifications off, shutting off bluetooth, and putting such things as Email on minimum checking. Didn't work -- one day this week the phone went dead about 5:30 pm. I actually had to borrow someone else's phone to call home; how sad for one who's avidly promoted how great is the iPhone.

iPhone Battery
Gamer Girl Berd School Apple iPhone Battery
Next, I tried a double-click of the home button to check just what Apps were running. AMAZING!! At least a dozen were going, using up juice, without any input by me. So, pressing each one at a time, up came the red minus sign and pressing that turned the application off.

Yesterday was a normal day, and when got home in the evening the phone still had about 35% juice left. I can live with that since I always recharge and sync the device each night.

So, problem seems to be solved, I hope. I'll continue testing, but what seems to happen is that if I check my mail the device leave Mail running. Same for Safari when I check google voice, the Facebook app, text messages, and so on.

No comments: