Monday, September 27, 2010

CV Mobile + Issues??

Apple iPhone - CV Mobile + Issues??

Anyone get this to work yet? I can text..sure..but as for making calls? Um nope...i went to his forum...no answers there for me...

It asks me for my password several times [even though I changed it manually as he suggested]....then when I want to dial a number from my Google favorites or anywhere else, it wants me to type in the numbers.

Oh well...I'll keep playing with it...but as for now...I'm disappointed... :(

GV Mobile
Lingerie wallpaper for apple iphone Mobile
What is the problem? Do you have Google Voice set up with your iPhone number as one of your numbers? It works fine for me, dial number it rings phone and connects to other party. Offline mode uses the ,/pause system to dial through my GV # and place the call.

-----
I would like a little clarification too, in terms of minute use.

I downloaded the app, and I can make calls. But it shows up on my recent calls list through the regular iphone which makes me wonder if that call is using my minutes. Fine if it is, just curious.

I'm off to test whether or not I've properly transferred my google calls to ring through to my phone, which then brings me full circle - will minutes be billed to ATT?

-----
It worked for me. You setup account with username ( your gmail email) and password. If you mess up these then delete by swiping and reenter again

You need to set your phone you wish to use to call in settings> phone to ring and also forward calls to in settings

You can type in phone number on pad in dial or hit the person icon on pad to access your contacts.

Basically google voice does not use the wifi like on computer using google chat but connects to a phone in Michigan or somewhere which then connects to your iPhone and then dials the number on pad or contact chosen

You will incur minutes and charges as this is using AT&T

The person receiving the call will see your google number not your cell number

I have written one blog on the use of google voice and will add more as I learn more.

-----
Yes. It's set up on my phone. The pevious way worked well for me. I dial and it goes to my google voice mail. Which requires a password every time. Then it tells me if I want to place a call, please dial......

Mind u...this was after I clicked on my google favorite to call it.

Working from my iPhone 3

-----
Yes. Minutes are being used. However, if you set it up where the Google number is on your 'favorites' list, then no additional minutes are being used. I know I didn't answer this clearly, but I'm sure someone else will chime in!

-----
My AT&T plan does not have favorites option so adding the google number to my favorites is not an option.

-----
I'm having good luck with GV mobile + as well. Works well with offline dialing enabled or disabled. With it disabled, the calls go through much faster if you don't mind a ring-back to connect. With offline dialing enabled it takes a while to do its auto-dialing routine "talking" to you all the while - you just have to wait it out and ignore it's request for a pin.

That mode tries my patience a bit, but it could be useful in a no-data or marginal-data performance situation.

Also, with offline dialing disabled, my outgoing caller ID is the google voice number. With offline dialing enabled, it sends the number of whatever phone I'm using.

No comments: