Friday, September 3, 2010

Free Ringtones from Phonezoo

Apple iPhone - Free Ringtones from Phonezoo

Just wanted to let you all know in case anyone else is interested in getting free ringtones that it is possible.

As I said in my previous msg, I use the website www.phonezoo.com to download and save ringtones that I have purchased over the years. You have the ability to upload a sound file or even create your own ringtone at this website. It provides support for a variety of phones and service carriers. You create a free profile and enter your phone type, carrier, and phone number. There are several methods for downloading these tones, but evidently only one way to get them for the iPhone.

iPhone Ringtones
Girls switch off ringtones apple iphone
Here is what I did:
Selected the option to save the ringtone to my pc desktop From my desktop, I dragged the ringtone into iTunes ringtone folder I attached my cables to the computer and clicked on "Melissa's iPhone"

I then clicked on the ringtones tab when the summary page came up

I put a check mark in the "sync ringtones" box and checked "all ringtones"

Then I clicked on "sync".

Once my phone synced and it was safe to disconnect I then had my 29 custom ringtones available on my iPhone (3GS and I am have not downloaded version 10 of iTunes yet). And I didn't pay a cent to phonezoo or iTunes to get them there. Just wanted to share in case anyone else is interested in using this site. I haven't tried any other sites so I don't know if this works with all sites and ringtones or not.

-----
I just went to PhoneZoo and downloaded the "In Like Flint" ringtone. I've been wanting that for years.

One thing that everyone should be very aware of... while PhoneZoo is free, all around the window are ads that take you to "pay" sites. PhoneZoo really makes you "pay" attention to what you are doing, otherwise you'll wind-up costing yourself $9.99 for a ringtone!

I mean some of these pay-ads look like they are part of PhoneZoo's site.

Bottom line... BE CAREFUL & PAY ATTENTION - or you'll pay $$$ ! ! !

No comments: