Friday, September 10, 2010

iPhone 4 Paperweight?

Apple iPhone - iPhone 4 Paperweight?

Has anyone else experienced their device just going dark and dead for no apparent reason, and I mean permanently? The iPhone 4 I just bought last month was fine last night and now it's just dark like the battery is dead today but it doesn't come back up , not when I plug it in, or when I try to reboot with the home and start button .

There is a double case on it and I don't know of any bumps or spills on the device. There was a droppage that happened yesterday but iPhone worked fine afterwards.

What do you list experts think?

iPhone Warranty
jail break ipod touch apple iphone Warranty
Press Top right (simultaneously) and hold both the power button on top-left of unit, and the home button on bottom of face of unit. Keep holding for 5-10 seconds until you see the white apple logo appear. Then release both buttons.

-----
I guess leave it on charge for a while and see if something happens.

-----
She said she has it in a double case, could the connections in the case have come partially loose and the charging circuit be disconnected? Either reset the connections or take it out of the case before charging.

-----
I humbly thank everyone for their replies..
The home button and the top right button held down for 10 long seconds restored the iPhone4 to full functionality. I don't know how or why it turned off like that, but around here we have a saying; If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

No comments: