Thursday, September 23, 2010

Multiple Duplicates with MMe Sync ??

Apple iPhone - Multiple Duplicates with MMe Sync ??
I had signed up for a trial run with MMe. I am using a 17" Laptop running XP and Outlook 2007, an iPhone 3GS (soon to be iPhone 4), and have no real use of the MMe desktop.

When I sync, I end up with either duplicate or triplicate Appt's, or they get wiped out entirely. Same thing with my ToDo's. It does not seem to matter whether I enter my Appt's/ToDo's in Outlook or iPhone, the sync just makes a mess of everything.

I have been using Google Calendar and the Google iPhone App, but wiped that off clean in case it was somehow interfering with MMe on the iPhone.

I became so annoyed with MMe that I cancelled it, and now I have to purchase the app if I want to put MMe back on my iPhone. Before I do that, any idea what may be causing my syncing problems?

MobileMe
Apple iPhone MobileMe
I am not able to sync at all with MobileMe. It won't sync between my MacBook pro, iPhone and Mobilrme cloud.

I am trying to get apple support to help me fix it.

-----
Strange. I am able to sync between my iPhone 3g, iPhone 4, MBP 17", Mac Mini & iMac i7.

All working brilliantly. Mine are Macs tho.

I have found that when adding a new device sometimes, it pays to FORCE a sync and overwrite the info on the local machine.

-----
I also have all apple products and have done every possible troubleshooting step I think. It still does not work.

I have an appt this morning at the Genius bar and let's see if they are really geniuses.

No comments: