Friday, September 10, 2010

iOS 4.1, no search in SMS

Apple iPhone - iOS 4.1, no search in SMS

Just updated mg iPhone 3G to iOS4.1 It has lost its search function in SMS. Is this normal? That was a very helpful feature.

iPhone SMS
Apple iPhone SMS
I also updated to 4.1, but I still have the search box at the top in the main messages list.

-----
Just tap on the + at the top right hand corner and your search option should come up

-----
It is still there. Just go to settings and look for spotlight option.

-----
Searching thru Settings but cant locate spotlight. Can you guide me through?

-----
Settings->General->Spotlight Settings

-----
I don't have a spotlight settings under the general menu...only about, usage, network, bluetooth, location service, home button, auto-lock, passcode lock, restrictions, date and time, keyboard, international, reset.

What do you think is wrong?

-----
Should be between Location Service and Auto Lock where you listed home button (which I don't have). You got me on this one. If I get some time later, I'll Google around.

-----
Settings > general > spotlight search>

You can pick what you want included in the spotlight search.

No comments: