Monday, September 6, 2010

Can delete email message

Apple iPhone - Can delete email message

My daughter gets email messages on her phone but not on her computer that say "no subject, no sender" and we can't delete them off her phone. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of these messages?

iphone email
Girl with Camera apple iphone email
I am guessing that is from yahoo mail. That it server related. It should resolve itself..

-----
Reboot the iPhone. They will disappear. It is a bug.

-----
yep - same thing happens to me - they come back from time to time, but if I shut off the phone and then turn it back on they're gone.

and I don't have yahoo mail - it has nothing to do with that.

-----
Turning off the phone and starting it again did the trick.

-----
Good - keep in mind that you may have to do this off and on, repeatedly...

-----
Let me know if it happens again, and the email client. My friend did have to restore his phone and still did not get fixed. it was server related issue

-----
Have her turn off threading in the Mail settings on the iPhone and the sender, subject and content will appear. She can ten read and delete them.

It has to do with how the iOS 4 handles threading, if someone take an old post and changes the subject line, rather than start a new email. Mail in iOS 4 reads the long headers, not the subject line to group the threads.

I don't know that it has to do anything with the Yahoo servers, but the ones I get do seem to all be from Yahoo groups.

-----
Sign-out from the Yahoo Mail and sign-in again.

No comments: