Saturday, September 25, 2010

iPod starts playing randomly

Apple iPhone - iPod starts playing randomly

Anyone have any suggestions on how to stop the iPod function to stop randomly playing? Sometimes my iPhone 4 is in my pocket and starts playing the last song I was playing. Sometimes I'm using another app and the music starts playing. Any thoughts?

iPhone iPod
Girl with ball wallpaper pack for apple iphone iPod
This has happened to me, when I have played the ipod and not quit. You can double tap the home key, bringing up the icons that are being used by the multitasking capabilities of your iphone and press on the ipod icon until it wiggles and close it out by tapping the minus sign.

-----
Didn't work. There wasn't anything running in the multitasking bar bur the music started playing. My phone was sitting in my lap.

-----
Do you have an app like an alarm clock that plays tunes that might be set somehow to start playing your iPod?

Another, scenario ... you accidentally hit the home button once that brings up the spotlight search window on the iPhone, where you have searched prior for a song and they are listed. Brushing one of the songs will start it to play. It seems this has also happened to me, when I have accidentally.

I ended up ordering the search choices under settings>General>spotlight search> You can move the order of search results with the triple bars on the right hand side or uncheck those you don't want to show up in the search. Move the music down in the list order and or try removing it from your spotlight search results if you don't need to search for songs.

-----
The first thing I check when it happened was my alarms but nothing was set. I will try to reorder the spotlight search but I don't think that was it since I wasn't using the phone when it happened most recently. It was sitting on my lap with the screen black.

Also, it always plays the last song that I was playing. I've started making my sleep music be the last song before exiting the iPod app so at least when the music start playing, it's very quiet. :-)

-----
Here is another scenario, that might be occurring, since it is always the last song you played.

You have played a song using the ipod icon. You quit or stop the song. This seems to be the case even if you exit by the wiggle method as well.

Ok, you double tap your home button accidentally and the multitasking view of icons running are shown. You also swipe to the right and the controls for the ipad are then visible. You brush the play button.

I know this sounds like a lot of accidentally pressing and pushing stuff to happen. But it has happened to me just putting my iphone down on the nightstand or into my purse.

That is about all I can suggest. LOL

-----
It's very random. It hasn't happened since about 1pm today. But it happened on earlier in the day too. I know if you double tap the home button when the screen is dark, that brings up the iPod controls. I tried to triple tap but that doesn't make it play. You still have to touch the screen on the play button.

No comments: