Sunday, September 5, 2010

Photos on iPhone 4

Apple iPhone - Photos on iPhone.

Has anyone had success with using a USB cable to transfer pictures from Your iPhone 4 to a photo machine at say Wal-Mart.

I receive some great pic on my iPhone I would like to have printed. I usually have to go home and down Load the pix from my Desktop to a USB memory chip and then go back To Wal-Mart to get them printed !

iphone photography
girl photo on apple iphone
If the machines work on digital cameras there is no reason it wouldn't work on iPhone.

-----
Unless a new feature of iOS4 is the ability to use it as a flash drive, then this is probably not possible natively. I know there are apps that let you kinda-sorta do that via WiFi, maybe by now there's one that works via USB? But if there is, its data store is likely segregated away from the device's main storage.

-----
When you plug an iPhone (and assuming the upcoming iPod touch) into any computer it identifies itself just like a digital camera does, it works fine when I plug it into my DVD player (which supports Digital Camera (DCIM) photo playback) so it should .

-----
What happens when you plug it into a computer that does not have iTunes (and the iPhone drivers) installed?

-----
Just tried it and it still shows up as a camera (Windows XP Pro - Camera Import window pops up).

-----
It mounts as a camera and you can get to pics in the Camera Roll. At least pre-Win7. It may work on Win7, but I've only got one Win7 machine to test with and it doesn't work. Worked great on my WinXP machine though.

No comments: