Thursday, September 16, 2010

3G upgrade to iOS 4.1

Apple iPhone - 3G upgrade to iOS 4.1 stalled

After reading users' sluggish experiences with iOS 4.0.x I waited. Now I hear 4.1 is much better on the 3G. So I tried to upgrade. But every time I try it stalls trying to backup. It gets about 1/8 the way through and just sits at this point for hours.

Anyone else having this problem?
iOS
Wallpaper girl for your apple iphone iOS
Have you upgraded to iTunes 10?

-----
Please can someone help me. My daughter has a 3G and I'm having the same problem. It won't download the new system!

-----
I have upgraded to iTunes 10. It turns out it wasn't really stalled. More like watching glaciers move. I left it alone and it took 6 hours to upgrade. Does anyone else think this is excessive?! What can take 6 hours???

I had downloaded all updates, sync'd, backed up, reset the iPhone, and restarted my Mac before beginning.

-----
When I was updating my 3G from iOS 3 to iOS 4 I had the same problem. The only way I found to make it work was to reset my iPhone to the factory fresh condition and then install the update. It's tedious and not a real solution, but this might work for you.

Needless to say you'll lose anyprogram settings, game saves, and such.

-----
Among other things, downloading a several-hundred megabyte file when the servers are busy....

-----
Yeah, well I had already downloaded the file. So that wasn't it. The wait was while it backed up the iPhone.

No comments: