Thursday, September 16, 2010

How's iOS 4.1 and iTunes 10 doing?

Apple iPhone - How's iOS 4.1 and iTunes 10 doing?

Or "How's the water?" before I jump in.

I hesitated installing these updates on my 3GS and MacBook Pro because of what appeared to be numerous issues with iTunes 10. Granted most seem to be cosmetic, but the one that was the deal killer for me was the problems with importing CD content into iTunes.

I listen to several audiobooks a week, many from the library CDs, and this issue would put a major crimp in my listening.

I realize most of the other iTunes 10 are mostly cosmetic, and there are work arounds available.

My questions to the list are:
- Is the CD import issue affecting many of you?
- Has anyone found a solution?
- Should I wait for Apple to roll the work arounds into iTunes?
- And this one is more for Bill B, who apparently a beta tester, does iOS 4.2 resolve these issues?

It seems that iTunes 10 is a prerequisite for proper installation of iOS 4.1, so that is why I have held off on that update.

iPhone iOS
Wallpaper young girl apple iphone iOS
No trouble importing cd. Actually it's faster than before.

-----
There was a thread about a problem with iTunes 10 not importing CDs. I spend time yesterday importing a bunch music CDs into iTunes 10 without a problem. I run Windows 7 Professional on a Dell laptop computer. I have iOS 4.01 on my iPhone 3 Gs.

No comments: