Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Google voice

AAple iPhone - Google voice

When I call a number using google voice my iPhone dials the same number each time to route the call. So, if I add that number to my at&t a-list would I actually be making these calls for free?

Google Voice
Google Voice Mobile Apple iPhone
Correct

-----
So do I have to have a pre existing Google voice account. To set up Google voice on the iPhone. How do you go about getting one. I heard it was by invite only.

Also is it GV Mobile + or GV Connect. GV Mobile + seemed a little confusing.

-----
You have to have a Google Voice account, it is open for everyone in the US now (no more invites) - simply go to google.com/voice and sign up for a number - you do need a GMail / Google Account to sign up.

GV Movile + is the better product that has been around for quite some time, it was in the app store, Apple pulled it due to AT&T request and they adjusted the 'rules' and let them back in - GV Connect only came out a few days before GV Mobile + made it back to the legit App store. If you wait until Saturday, you can get it for free (this is the day designated for those who bought version before it was pulled or from Cydia so that they don't have to buy it twice but technically, everyone can download it).

-----
Okay -- I have a GMail account and tried signing up for Google Voice but kept getting the error message: "We had an error. Please try later." I began checking the Internet and it seems this problem has a long history. Google support said as far back as June 2010 they were working on the problem. It is now the end of September. How much longer are they going to be working on the problem? Anyone else having a problem signing up?

-----
I just created a new test gmail account and then signed up for GVoice without an issue.

-----
I signed up a few days ago without a problem, using the 'vanity' phrase as phone numbers in my area code were not available.

No comments: