Sunday, September 12, 2010

MobileMe Slow?

Apple iPhone - MobileMe Slow?

Am I the only one who realizes MobileMe just doesn't work? On the iPhone, it is great. Otherwise, it just doesn't come close to the numerous free alternatives.

I am so frustrated. I've been harassing support and trying to get some indication that they are working on improvements, not happening.
My gripes:
- web interface is slow as hell
- doesn't refresh automatically
- fails to connect, can't retrieve contacts
- fails to connect, won't send
- fails to include attachments
- slow, slow, slow
- did I mention it is slow?

I can't believe that this is what Apple is offering as a paid service when AOL, Google, Yahoo, Hotmail have been doing far better for years, for free. I expect these basic functions would be a given.

Has anyone seen indication that this might improve any time soon?

iPhone MobileMe
Please apple iphone mobileme
I think, you're the only one

-----
MobileMe doesn't work for me either. I wish I knew why not!!!

-----
Since the new release of mobile me my web interface is very fast

-----
I have never had any issue with MMe being slow on any of my machines (iMac, Mac Mini, Windows XP, Windows 7)

-----
I have not had any of those issues with MobileMe. Sometimes a new Calendar/iCal entry and other cross-platform entries are synced faster than I can exit from the input device and log into a different one to see it has already been wifi-synced by MMe. Hope you can discover what is slowing yours so much and remedy it.

-----
I don't use the web based MobileMe that much, but when I do, I notice it's slowness. Also, after the next to last update in the MobileMe desktop app, I have noticed it not syncing as it should with my Outlook. Granted, I am using Outlook 2003, but the last I looked, that was supposed to be supported by MobileMe. Since that upgrade, the "cloud" icon in the system tray constantly has the "syncing" arrows on it, and the only way I can sync is to manually invoke one on the desktop app.

Kind of frustrating!

-----
I am very surprised to see the responses.
To be clear, sync across desktops and iPhones is flawless. Near instantaneous. I would have to agree with that. Retrieving mail on iPhone, no issues at all.

Desktop (browser) is another story. I use AOL.com, I have used Gmail, Squirrel Mail. In web browsers on numerous Windows machines, these systems are quite tolerable. Side by side with me.com, MM is a slug.

Why is it unable to automatically check for mail? I have to manually refresh, usually when I hear incoming tone on my iPhone. Click refresh once, nothing happens. Click again, screen clears then wait for it... It's coming... here it comes now...
Well let's just say, in Gmail I would have already reviewed all incoming mail and responded by the time I get to see new mail in MM. Not to mention, if the message is spam, Google's filters are exceptional. MobilMe filter involves mostly me moving spam to junk folder.

Nobody has ever composed a new MM message and seen the little error icon at the right of the recipient field? This, when it cannot retrieve your contacts. Copy the text from body to new message and try again. Cross you fingers.

At one point I was sending emails and recipients would receive stripped of attachments.

Another time nobody received anything that I forwarded.

-----
When I try to create a new contact on my iPhone I literally better walk away and come back in 10 minutes before it saves the new contact. Then I look and it's gone. Not in the iPhone. It's not on me.com. It's not on the Mac.

I wish it was really a smooth operation!

I would like to sync to the cloud but it just doesn't want to cooperate.

I may need to seek some help from the genius bar!

-----
Strange, I have MobileMe, at least one Google Account, and at least one Google Apps (private/business domain run through Google) on every machine and device, some have other accounts but my three main accounts are on everything and a change on one device or machine is near instant across everything else on both services under all OSes.

-----

No comments: