Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Firmware for 3GS - Where Are My Apps

Apple iPhone - New Firmware for 3GS - Where Are My Apps

When I installed the latest firmware yesterday, Apple deleted all my purchased apps. Only their own default apps are now there, including one piece of Malware named Game Center.

How do I get all the purchased apps back? There were 84 of them, and all have disappeared. Snyc does NOT do it.

Do I have to restore, and where is that?

iPhone Game
Facebook profile mitsurugi Apple iPhone Game
Sync and they should all come back.

-----
I've done this repeatedly and it doesn't happen.

-----
Did you check on the sync page under apps and see if the Sync Apps box is checked. It is at the top of the page.

-----
That has been done long ago and remains checked.

-----
I just tried a sync and nothing happened. The apps will NOT install.

What happens if I "restore?"

I clicked on Restore and the warning says everything gets erased, including all media. How would I put that back - songs and other data, all the apps, etc?

-----
Game Center isn't malware, it is their new Social Gaming Network and your Apps should be in iTunes, when you plug in your phone click on it in the device list then click on the Apps tab, check which ones you want to sync and click Apply. If for some unknown reason you did not transfer your purchases to iTunes, when you go to them, and click "Buy" it will tell you that you already bought the app and let you download them again at no charge.

-----
Do you mean that I have to go to the App Store, one by one select each app, "buy" it, and then the system will install it? That should NOT be.

-----
No it should not be, but if you didn't sync and transfer them to iTunes on a regular basis or at all, then you are going to have to download them again.

With the iPhone plugged in, click on the name of it in the Devices list in the left hand column, then click on the Apps tab on the top (Summary, Info, Apps, Ringtones, Music, Movies, etc) - then click "Sync Apps" and check all of the apps that you want to sync then click Apply. If your apps are not in the list then you are going to have to download htem again.

-----
As I say, I've done all this and nothing happens. The apps all show up in the list on the left, all are checked, the device is there (when sync it shows am syncing mail, contacts, but nothing else), and nothing happens.

BTW, every single app was purchased (or free) through the App Store, so it should be there in iTunes - the only way to access the App Store.

-----
Purchased through the App Store *in iTunes on your computer* or through the App Store *on your iPhone*?

-----
Well, finally something happened and all the apps show up. I had to restart the Mac and do it again, but they're now all there.

No comments: