Thursday, September 23, 2010

Virus

Apple iPhone - Virus
Sometime last week I wrote that I was receiving "SPAM" on my iPhone 4. I have tried everything that one person suggested to no avail. I contacted Cox and they denied that their SPAM filters were at fault. I contacted Norton and tried their suggestions. Nada. The spam continues. This morning in an attempt to delete the e-mails, I found that I couldn't. I would make an attempt and when I got to a certain mail or one beyond that one, I immediately was taken back to the home screen, with nothing deleted! I called Apple support. Spent some time reconfiguring my email. Then the tech said she would talk with others and could I wait. I waited, and waited, and waited. I waited an hour. When I had enough, I called back only to find out they were now closed! Anyhow, I am thinking that there is a virus on my phone. I know Apple prides themselves in being virus free, but is there a possibility? I cannot delete any of the emails. Not even those that are not SPAM!

iPhone Email
Wallpaper for apple iphone email
There is no virus on your phone.

Try using another mail service.

Forward your mail to gmail after you set up an account there.

Gmail also has a spam filter and I bet it will capture the spam from cox.

It is most certainly spam that is not captured by Cox filters.

Roger

No comments: