Friday, November 5, 2010

Warranty?

Apple iPhone - Warranty?

I just had my phone switched out at the apple store due to battery problems.

I was wondering about my warranty. Does it start over based on the issue of a new phone? Anyone know?

The warranty in the first phone ends Nov 30 and I want to purchase an additional year but don't know now if I have to do it right away.

iPhone Warranty
Blog catalog apple iphone warranty
I would call the Apple store, but logically it is 1 year from the date it was put in your hands by the store.

-----
You'd think so, but no. Unless they changed their policies in the last year.

-----
Yes, check with Apple.

In my experience though, I had a 3G that had a month left on warranty. I got a replacement and was told that the previous warranty didn't extend onto the new one nor do I get another year on the new one. I checked online the other day and the warranty has expired. I've only had the new 3G for about 2 months.

-----
If they switched out your phone they will extend the warranty to 90 days from that point or for the period of the original warranty whichever is later. However if you want to buy AppleCare to extend the warranty, I believe they count that from the day the phone was originally purchased.

-----
My 3GS was replaced last month due to Home Button problem.

Warranty still ends tomorrow though.

But at least I got a new one.

No comments: