Friday, November 5, 2010

Xmarks for iphone.. Merging Xmarks..

Apple iPhone - Xmarks for iphone... Merging Xmarks' service with home server...

I use xmarks to sync my bookmarks etc. between my computers (not on my iphone yet).

1- Anybody used on iphone? if so, How is it?

2- I am using my server for my home computer and xmarks servers for the other PC.

I want to merge them together.

Would I Get Duplicates? If I Merge Home server with Xmarks' servers OR Xmarks' servers to me Home server?

iPhone Sync
Katy Perry Revenge Apple iPhone Sync
Yes i used it and xmarks lots all my links. Don't use this software. They told Us they are going to stop their activities.

-----
I haven't used the Xmarks app since you can just log in to your account via their website to see and use your links.

While they had announced that they were going out of business a few weeks back things have changed an a buyer was found. They are on the verge of announcing the new owner very soon.

-----
Outdated news. They got the user-funding they needed to continue the service. Also, they are supposed to have instructions on how to set up your own server so you can use the system without using THEIR servers.

-----
That is only for Firefox unfortunately, when they announced the original closing I moved to my own server and turned off Safari, IE & Chrome syncing but have since moved back to XMarks server and re-enabled them...

-----
I use it in Google Chrome and it works fine for me.

-----
Not the add on, the Use your own server feature

No comments: