Saturday, November 6, 2010

Slide to delete email

Apple iPhone Slide to delete email

My husband and I both have iphone 4. When he is in his email he can slide his finger and the delete button comes up, when I slide my finger on mine the archive button comes up, why? How can I get mine to come up delete instead of archive, I'm sure it's probably simple but I'm not very good at this iphone stuff yet. I will say that I hope I never have to be without one again!

iPhone Email
sugar tablet apple iphone email
Archive is a feature of GMail you can turn it off in Settings > Mail > {Account} > Archive Messages On or Off

-----
Go into email and turn off grouping

-----
That has nothing to do with Archive and Delete

-----
Oh sorry. I was sure when I changed that setting on my phone that the archive thing went away. My poor memory. Thanks for fixing my ooops.

-----
You are using Gmail and your husband is not. That's why...

-----
I have a 3G but go to "Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendar>Your Email Account" Once I am in my email account I scroll down and it says "Archive Messages". I set it to "Off" and it deletes when I slide my finger. I do use gMail.

No comments: