Monday, November 1, 2010

Push calender and reminders

Apple iPhone iPod Touch - Looking for good push calender and reminders...

Does a really good calender that pushes reminders and adds as a nudnik exist for the iphone? My kids bought me an ipod touch last year and I have been researching all kinds of calenders.

Most of them have synched with Google calender.

I have found none of them impressive.

I need something to push me to make phone calls and run errands. It has to be easy to set up and easy to reset reminders. Preferably at the push of a button. Does such a thing exist for iphone?

Are these calenders not working properly for me because I am using an ipod touch?

At the moment, I am ashamed to say I have gone back to using the little calender with its reminders on my cheap Nokia phone. At least it keeps reminding me to do things... drives my fellow workers nuts when they hear it ringing... But at least I get things done in the end.

Is there a solution for this? Will I be able to test run it on my ipod touch before I run out and buy that iphone that I have been hankering for,..

iPhone Touch
Calendar Reminder Apple iPhone Touch
What the heck is a nudnik?

I doubt you can get push notification on an iPod. You might be able to get email reminders when you are on wifi.

-----
Would push notification work on the iphone?

A nudnik is someone that pesters you until you do what they want...

I have a very hectic lifestyle. The normal Apple calender with reminders just doesn't seem to do it for me... I really wanted to test it on the ipod touch before I bought...

-----
The built in calendar synced with Google Calendar works fine and gives "push" or pop up notifications, I use it all day every day. It definitely takes 3-4 steps to reset the reminder to a different time but is very easy to do - use it on both iPhone and iPad WiFi.

-----
Thought she said iPod Touch, as long as there was a data connection at some point and the Google Calendar synced to the phone the reminders pop up just as if they were "pushed' they are stored on the phone when the events are synced. My iPad doesn't have data connection when I am in the car, etc and the events still pop up the same as they do on my iPhone.

-----
I find that the google reminders don't always pop up... Don't know what the problem is...

It's just not persistent enough...

-----

No comments: