Monday, November 22, 2010

4.2 and AIR PRINT work over WiFi

Apple iPhone - 4.2 and AIR PRINT work over WiFi

Does AIR PRINT work over WiFi or BLUETOOTH? I can't get it to identify my printer under BLUETOOTH

iPhone WiFi What we can do with Apple iPhone WiFi WiFi and the printer has to be shared on a Mac that is turned on and running OS X 10.6.5 with Printer Sharing turned on.

-----
I have MAC O.S. 10.6.5., I enabled PRINTER SHARING.. yet when I try to use the option in iOS 4.2., the Printer Options window pop up, I select, SELECT PRINTER it looks for my printer, but still get the "no printer found" message

-----
You have to share you printer also - two different things, "Printer Sharing" is in the Sharing pane in System Preferences, then in the Printers pane click on your printer and click "Share this Printer" or "Share on Network" something like that.

-----
enabled BOTH options and still nada :(

-----
Something tells me I'm going to run into the same thing when I get home and start monkeying around with Air Print.

-----
What they DIDN'T publicize is that AirPrint only works for 10 HP printers at the moment, with a few more to follow.

If you want to print to ANY printer, buy AirSharePro. Great app, anyway, because it does all kinds of stuff - and prints to any printer on a WiFi network.

-----
Not true, those 10 HP printers will work without a Mac on - all other printers have to be shared through a Mac to work through Airprint. Yes I know some of you don't have it working yet and I don't know why but I have been using Airprint for 2 months without an HP printer via shared printers on iMac and yesterday on a MB Air both running 10.6.5

-----
10.6.5 final or an earlier developer build that still included the Airprint drivers?

-----
Developer build but installing the final didn't remove them - I must have missed the 'notice' that they didn't include the Airprint Drivers from the final release (makes no sense as there was never an issue with it).

From what I have gathered, if you only have the final 10.6.5 installed you only have the HP Support, if you install the "removed" drivers it does work fine but you do have to download the drivers from non-apple sources.

No comments: