Monday, November 22, 2010

IOS 4.2, Air Print

Apple iPhone - IOS 4.2, Air Print

Let me know what you think of Air Print when you get a chance.

iPhone iOS
4 face time data What the meaning of Apple iPhone iOS
AirPrint will not do me any good. I already have a printer app that doesn't work with my shared printer.

-----
Airprint will work with ANY shared printer - I have a Cannon PIXMA and an old Dell Laser printer both work fine with Airprint - been using it since Beta 3.

-----
My Epson Stylus CX9400 is configured to be shared on my LAN and is turned ON. My iPod touch is connected to my LAN via WiFi, and cannot locate the printer.

-----
I hope you are right, but the word is AirPrint doesn't work with shared printers on Windows networks.

-----
It doesn't, yet - I have been using it since Beta 3 of 4.2 (more than 2 months ago) and neither of my Macs stay on 24/7 - only Windows at home and office so it is a pain in the ass if I want to print something when either Mac is shut down. There is no "PDF Printer Driver" for Mac either so I can't save something as a PDF from iPhone or iPad either - I can't WAIT for it to come to Windows as I have PDF "Printers" installed and Windows stays on 24/7 at home and office so I can print or create PDF without having to think about if a Mac is turned on.

They HAVE to expand Airprint to Windows in some form or another there are way too many iPad, iPod, & iPhone users who only have Windows PCs & networks not to implement it.

-----
I downloaded and have been using the beta version of 4.2 on my iPad for a few weeks. I did a sync with the new version of the IOS but iTunes tells me that I have the current version of the software. On my iPhone after the sync which I had not put the beta version of 4.2 it now reads 4.2.1 but not on my iPad. Am I missing something and if so are there steps that I can take to correct it?

No comments: