Friday, November 26, 2010

Voicemail Password?

Apple iPhone - Voicemail Password?

Recently, my iPhone 4 is asking me for a password for my voicemail. I never used a password for my voicemail and I do not have one. However, it is annoying that this box asking me for my voicemail password pops up all the time. Does anybody know how to get rid of it? Thanks in advance.

iPhone Email
We can do with Apple iPhone Email
I am having the same problem.

-----
I am having the same problem also. It started after the upgrade.

-----
ditto.

I use voicemail (or even the phone, as a *phone*) so little I can't be
sure -- but I do remember trying it out & not needing a password. It could
have been weeks before I noticed if the topic hadn't come up here!

I called & got a reset, then changed it to something I think I can remember.

-----
Try 1234 or the last 4 digits of your phone # if neither of those work you can log into att.com and reset your password or call their customer service # and use the automated password reset reature to something then enter the new password.

-----
It seems that my phone accepted the 1234.

-----
My problem also started after the upgrade. I thought that suggestion
solved the problem, but it didn't.

-----
Voice mail can ONLY be accessed with a password. Your voice mail had a "default" password when you setup your number/account with AT&T (or which ever carrier you have). if you did not "setup" your voice mail then it still had the default..I'm not sure what that is, for some reason I thought it was, at least at some point, "1111". As sugested it could be "1234". You use the default password to sign on the first time and then change it to your own password.

-----
I have had the problem in the past not recently but it went away when
I powered the phone off and then on.

-----
This happened all the time with my 3G, and I figured out it was whenever I moved from a no- or low-service area into one with stronger service (in the staff restroom where I work, thus happens every time I move an inch).

When I got my iPhone 4, the problem was not there. Then I had another technical problem with the phone, Apple replaced it, and now the issue is back. I just live with it.

-----
I contacted AT&T and they took care of this problem.

-----
I wanted to weigh in that I believe this can only be resolved by contacting AT&T and having them reset the iphone password. I say that after trying EVERY solution I could find on various websites.

-----
You can log into att.com and click on "Change Voice Mail Password" in the
far right column:

If you forget your password, log in to your myWireless
Account http://www.wireless.att.com/my-account/>to reset your
password, or dial 611 from your wireless phone and follow the
prompts.

Direct Link (once you log in):
https://www.att.com/olam/rvmPhoneAction.olamexecute?event=resetVoiceMailPassWord\
&reportActionEvent=A_PHON_RVM_RETR&dreferrer=RatePlanLanding&dsource=Phone_Suppo\
rt_ACC


-----

No comments: