Wednesday, November 3, 2010

iPhone service

Apple iPhone Warranty - iPhone service

I have never been happy with my battery performance and got even more unhappy after I got my husband the same phone. We both use our phones about the same and mine was always running out and his was not

So I took it in, after making an appointment at the apple store. A nice young man took my phone and ran a diagnostic (so he said). He said the battery checked out fine and there was no water damage. He suggested it was a software issue. I complained a little more about it being troublesome from day one. He gave me a new phone.

I had my phone for 11 months. I didn't know how bad the battery was until I had hubbys phone to compare it to.

Anyway I am a happy customer. I did a restore and got everything back except my apps, which is fine with me. I am re-downloading only those apps I really use.

Apple gets an a for customer service.

iPhone Warranty
Blog for apple iphone warranty
I had the exact same problem for the past few weeks. The battery would drop fast even when it was just sitting and not being used. I did a restore and now it works perfect. Apple told you right. It is a software issue.

-----
For those that need more battery life - Brookstone makes a little battery pack that really extends operating time. Another thing to carry, another charger - but it is great for those situations when you have to have the phone work, and the battery is dead.

Sadly - it only works with the 3Gs, it doesn't work with my daughter's iPhone 4 at all.

-----
Mophie Juice Pack Air doubles battery life and provides a great case for protection and prevents antenna issue (actually increased my reception).

-----
what is a restore? Do you lose everything?

If it was a software issue I should not see it on my new phone correct? I had no issues with my phone except hubby and could set them side by side and do the exact same thing and his would only drop a little and mine would drop a lot.

I am confused by the restore comment.

-----
Restore is a function of iTunes. I did a backup of my iPhone and then clicked on restore. After the restoring the iPhone to new condition, iTunes asks if I would like to restore data from my last back up After that a sync will return everything back like it was. The main difference is that any glitch in the iOS has been removed. Some on the list will tell you to do a restore and then reinstall all the apps. This is a lot of work if restoring my data from the last backup will do.

I have had to do a restore as new several times. Once the GPS quit finding my location and a restore fixed it. I'm not sure I made that all clear.

-----
..correct, restore the phone then restore your backup. If you still have the problem, restore the phone again then set up as a new phone and this is where you will have to do the work of setting everything back up. Generally a Restore then restoring the backup will work, this is how I install each new beta, etc and rarely have an issue. Only once in the past 7 upgrades have I had to set up as completely new.

No comments: