Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Problem using paid version of find my phone

Apple iPhone MobileMe - Problem using paid version of find my phone

Hi all - I mistakenly installed find my phone app on my 3GS. Couldn't get it to work. I have deleted it. However I have a paid mobile me subscription . I used to be able to locate my phone from my computer. However ever since the new app came out I can log into my mobile me account but when it asks for me to reenter my password it says it is incorrect. I have tried multiple times for 3 days thinking all the upgrading etc just put a stress on the mobile me server, but now I not so sure. I manually typed in the password and tried cut and paste incase I may have been spazzing out.

Is there a alternate way to locate my phone from a laptop or computer? I do have find my phone in settings on the phone enabled. I tried using my itunes password no luck.

iPhone MobileMe
Large Business for Apple iPhone MobileMe
You have to use your full address now ie abcd@efgh.com not just the abcd

-----
Have tried that as well ;-(. Another poster notes that many are having my problem. I tried the @mac.com login but I get to my account but again the reenter password doesn't get accepted.

As the poster suggested - wait til apple figures out what is wrong at their servers.

I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something I was absentmindedly forgetting.

-----
I would remove the account completely and readd if you still can't get in, contact MMe support - I had problems on first day but once I tried twice, used full account address with @me.com and it worked fine...

-----
I will give that a go and contact support if it doesn't resolve.

-----
Just tried removing the account and reentering everything. No dice. I will have to contact support. Maybe it is not working as I have not updated to 4.2 yet. I am still on 4.1. I was waiting til I had more time if I ran into problems.

-----
That's probably why - they switched it over to 4.2 I am pretty sure...

-----
You must be on iOS 4.2

-----
Thanks - I will update after Thanksgiving and give it another try.
Hopefully it will be just that simple update.

No comments: