Sunday, November 21, 2010

export to iphone 4G?

Apple iPhone - export to iphone 4G?

I am purchasing a new iPhone4G tomorrow. Currently have a 8300 blackberry curve, and my PC is XP with Outlook 2010.

I have 'memopad' entries and 'calendar' entries on my blackberry. I have successfully imported these entries to my outlook 2010 (the memopad entries are now in my outlook 'notes').

So, now I am just wondering how easy it will be to import the address book, calendar and 'notes' to my new iphone 4G. does anyone know?

iPhone New
What we want is New Apple iPhone
Good move. I have to wait until next Summer before I can do the same.

Make sure that your BB Desktop Manager is set to sync all of that to Outlook.

When you get the iPhone and plug it into iTunes, you'll be able to configure iTunes to sync that info between Outlook and the iPhone. The iPhone will show up in the Library list on the left side, select it. Then go through the various tabs to configure what you want to sync to the phone.

-----
If you haven't already got iTunes on your PC, you might as well download and install it now. This will give you time to import any music, etc., that you'll want to sync with the iPhone, and to get used to how iTunes works.

When you connect the iPhone you'll have various options for syncing calendar, contacts, etc., so if you've been syncing the Blackberry with Outlook there should be no problem in carrying forward your entries to the iPhone.

-----
Yes, I have itunes and use it for music and movies. But i don't see the calendar, address book and notes (or memopad) options.

-----

Apple's design philosophy is to show you only what's relevant in context. The idea is to reduce clutter but it can be frustrating when you want to set something up in advance.

You don't see the iPhone (or iPod) sync options until you connect the device. It appears under Devices in the left sidebar. When you select it, you'll see tabs in the main iTunes window for Summary, Info, Apps, Ringtones, Music, TV Shows, Podcasts, Books, and Photos. Summary gives general info and options. The rest allow you specify syncing preferences for each category. The Info tab has options for syncing MobileMe, Address Book, Calendars, Mail Accounts, Safari bookmarks, and Notes.

No comments: