Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Warranty on 3G

Apple iPhone - Warranty on 3G

I have a new iphone4 and gave my 3G to my daughter. The 3G is just about 2 years old.

The 3G now only receives some of the texts sent to it. When I put the 3G sim card in another phone all the old texts suddenly arrive on the other phone so the sim appears fine.

The 3G appears to be defective to me. I shall do a full restore and also update to 4.2 (it's currently on 4.1).

But my question is if I still have issues is the phone still covered by Apple at all? It's out of contract (finished this summer). Is it worth seeing Apple for a fix or do I just use it as a chunky iPod touch?

iPhone Warranty
What Review Apple iPhone Warranty
unless you specifically purchased an additional warranty, your warranty has expired at least a year ago.

as far as not getting your text messages,it seems to be a common problem with the 3g. A quick google of the problem was pretty interesting. Several said the following worked

1. Press the home button (the big circle below the screen) and the sleep wake button (the button on top of the iPhone) simultaneously.

2. Hold both buttons simultaneously for a few seconds, Ignore the "Slide to power off" and keep holding

3. The iPhone should now shutdown automatically - (fade to black)

4. Turn the iPhone back on by hitting the sleep/wake button.

5. You should now see the Apple logo, your iPhone is restarting and thus booting up.

6. You have completed a hard reset successfully.

No comments: