Monday, November 29, 2010

vibrate-only for texts

Apple iPhone - vibrate-only for texts

My wife has iPhone 3g. She would like to have the phone vibrate only when a new text comes in. Is there a way to do this? She has the audio setting as "none" for texts and doesn't want an audible alert for them.

iPhone tutorials
How about Apple iPhone tutorials
Settings > Sounds > Text Tone > None

-----
That's what we have it on currently but it is completely silent, including no vibration. I'm wondering if vibrate is even activated at all on texts. After thinking about it, I don't recall it vibrating on texts when I had a 3G or with my current i4.

-----
Hem I thought it vibrated all the time but just tested and only does it when silent switch is on.

-----
Gotta make sure silent vibrate is on as well.

No comments: