Tuesday, November 30, 2010

App recs

Apple iPhone - App recs

I'm going to see my grandsons ages 7 and 9. They love to play with my iPhone. I'd like to download a game or two for them--interesting but not too hard or easy.
Recommendations, anyone?

iPhone Game Apple iPhone Game Doodle Jump
Bike Rider
Sheep Launcher

Angry Birds ( a little harder)

-----
No idea on if these are still free or not, but my six year old likes these and they'll probably be fun still for 7 and 9 yr olds. I'll put 7 or 9 after it to let you know about what age the app is more likely for.

- Sparky the dog 7
- Pocket God 7/9
- Rat on the Run 7/9
- Balloonacy 7
- Scoops 7/9
- Tux Rider 7/9
- Totemo 9
- Trace 9
- Alien Booth 7/9
- Train Conduct 9
- Tiki Totems 9
- FantasyLens 7/9
- Photophunia 7/9
- Jellycar 9

My six year old plays or has played all of these on her iPhone. Some with more coaching than others. She catches on pretty quick but lacks the higher problem solving abilities and timing that Trace, Jellycar and Totemo sometimes require. That doesn't stop her from trying though.

-----
If they are grandsons;

- Moto GP (50 MB but free motorcycle game) (My 9 years old nephew liked it a lot)
- FS5 Hockey (one of favorites in itunes)
- Train Conduct (Helps to kids in matching the numbers; in the long run it may be boring)
- Cut the rope (a problem solving game but maybe a little bit complicated for that age... just try)

There are several car racing games but i do not know which one is the best.. Most of them may be suitable for that age...

-----
Blue Block Free or unblock me free and tumble blocks lite are good puzzle games that my granddaughters like and they are 7 and 10. Challenging for them.

-----
Train conductor

-----
Talking Tom, its fun for any age!

-----
I have boys - 5, 8, and 11. They like Plants vs. Zombies, Uno, Bejeweled, and Ragdoll Blaster (our current favorite - we have the free first version and the payed second version). Lego Creationary has just come out (and it's free), but I haven't tried it out yet. My rule is that they have to do a set of math flash cards before they can play a game. I use Flash To Pass Lite where they can practice, + -
x / facts.

The only problem is they want to play with my phone all of the time! I don't like to give it up ;-).

No comments: