Thursday, November 25, 2010

AirPrint asks for password

Apple iPhone - AirPrint asks for password

My printer shows up but when I click on it it asks for user ID & password. I don't have any password on my printers. I tried a lot of the ID & passwords that I use for a lot of things but it keeps saying "Wrong Password". What can I do?

iPhone Print
What we can do with Apple iPhone Print
It would be the User ID and password of your computer unless you shared with "everyone" then it becomes unlocked.

-----
Any suggestions for a combination password manager and auto-logon app. I'd like to be able to quickly find a saved web site and click on it to log in without having to enter a user id and password each time.

-----
http://lastpass.com/

or

http://agilewebsolutions.com/onepassword

-----
I've been using lastpass for years with Firefox, I didn't know it was also available as a iphone app.

-----
1Password
Particularly if you also have a Mac (the Mac and iDevice versions sync).

-----
Check out the web-based Passpack.

-----
RoboForm
http://www.roboform.com/php/land.php?frm=frame44&affid=10egs&gclid=CPLQt9Lk
v6UCFRhCgwod2BlOZw> is also a great password manager. I've been using it
for years with no glitches. It comes with a lot of extras, like password
generation.

-----
I wish that worked with safari

This email was beamed to you by way of Allan's iPhone 4

-----
If you turn on guest access in you network settings you will not need a password or user ID.

-----
My computer (PC) requires no password, but it still asks me for ID & password. Now what?

-----
Enter your account name and leave password box blank? Or create a password and enter it.

-----
I tryed that on my Win 7 machine and it still wants both. So I turned on the Guest Account & now my printer is unlocked and does not ask for a password. That does require you to select which account at start up, but doesn't require a sign on. Personal choice I guess.

-----
The only password I was asked for was the password to the secure Wifi network. Is that what is going on?

No comments: