Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Three Fingers, Two Taps

Apple iPhone - Three Fingers, Two Taps

An interesting (and very weird) experience today. Accidently somehow managed to tap the iPhone screen twice with three fingers together. Maximizes all views on the screen - for every application.

In a fit of panic, I managed to get to the Settings screen and Accessibility menu to find this a common command for sight impared users.

Glad I had a chance to share and vent.

iPhone Tutorial
Mail app attaching multiple photo apple iphone tutorial
I never knew about that on the iPhone. Thanks for the share. I'll have to try that..

-----
When I had the 3GS if you push the home button twice it turn the commands to voice only! That freaked me out the 1st time! To get to a phone number you had to say the name or number, to get to calendar you had to say calendar, then month then day....I was glad to find out how to fix that!!!!

-----
Freaked me out when that happened to me too! Lol!

-----
Not weird at all. (=

But glad you now know about it. It helps at times.

-----
Where did you find accessibility menu? Just in case this ever happens to me.

-----
Settings > General > Accessibility.

-----
I can't find it. Maybe it isn't available on 3g.

-----
Could be. Mine's a 3GS running iOS 4.1.

-----
IIRC I think it was. I had a 3G and 3GS. I have a 4 now.

I remember helping a customer with the issue in 3G times at the store.

-----
See, no matter how hard the designers try to make it hard to do something by accident, someone will always find a way ... ;)

Have you downloaded the manual, and synced it to the phone so you can read it at any time?

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPhone_iOS4_User_Guide.pdf

No comments: