Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WiFi shuts off

Apple iPhone - WiFi shuts off

Recently my iPhone 4 iOS4.1 has started to "log off" WiFi when it goes to sleep. I thought iOS4 was supposed stay logged on all the time. Any ideas?

When I first got my iPhone 4, WiFi stayed on even when it was asleep, my understanding was that was for apps like Skype to be able to get calls while asleep.

iPhone Wifi
Speed Test for iPhone WiFi
No, WiFi always shuts off after it goes to sleep to save battery.

Wifi always shuts off after X minutes of sleeping it might have reconnected so fast you didn't notice or you the phone wasn't asleep long enough for it to shut off (I think it is 15 min ).

The only exception is if there is no 3G or EDGE (airplane mode?), it may stay on but otherwise it shuts off.

If you look in the manual it can give you specifics but it does shut off.

No comments: