Thursday, October 28, 2010

Syncing the iPhone with Windows Live Mail Contacts and Calendar

Apple iPhone - Syncing the iPhone with Windows Live Mail Contacts and Calendar

The primary issue is whether the iPhone will synch with my Contacts and my Calendar as contained in Windows Live Mail under Windows 7 Professional. My expectation is that this process should only involve simply plugging a USB cable from the iPhone to the PC and click a button. I don't want to have to go thru some long, drawn-out process involving three or more computers, six thumb drives, nine programs and shifting information to the "cloud".

I've googled the issue and can't seem to get a straight answer. I've gotten the impression that this ability might exist through use of the iTunes program, but can't tell for sure.

My needs are fairly simple as I've been using a Palm PDA and a seperate cell
phone for about ten years. The PDA has served me well and I'm looking for a
replacement that puts the two basic functions in one device. I've already moved
all my contacts and calendar to Windows Live Mail and am happy with its basic
function. It is not as good as the old Palm OS, but does the job.

The rest of the bells and whistles that come with the iPhone are of interest, but if it can't address my basic needs, it may not be the correct choice.

Can any of you veterans of the iPhone give me the straight scoop?

iphone sync
Girl wide web apple iphone sync
You can do this easily with iTunes or by setting your Live account up as an Exchange ActiveSync account on the iPhone and it will be done over the air.

-----
If you near an apple store... Seemed like you have a question/issue that they could answer and show you how to do it.

:)

No comments: