Saturday, October 2, 2010

iPhone blue tooth

Apple - iPhone blue tooth

I'm picking up my new car today & it has sync so I can answer phone calls thru my car sound system. Does this mean the iPod function on the iphone will work wirelessly also? I'm getting Sirius radio for a few months. I looked but didn't find an app for schedules. Is there one out there?

iPhone blue tooth
Apple iPhone Blue Tooth
No, iPod doesn't work that way but there are some applications using which you can stream via bluetooth.

I use FM transmitter to play songs from the iPhone.

-----
Doesn't Ford Sync have an iPod cable? (I know it's from Microsoft, but still...) Or at least the stereo have an aux-in jack?

----
It has a USB cable, can read anything from a flash/thumb drive to an iPod to a large external hard drive. My Acura also has a USB cable but I think I only used it to test as it also has Bluetooth A2DP so as soon as I turn on the car it pairs with my phone and I can play audio, if I make or receive a phone call it pauses and lets me answer or decline.

The advantage Ford Sync has is that you can pair multiple devices (up to 8 I think) so those of us who have two phones or a phone and an iPad and/or passengers can pair their devices to listen to content, etc.

-----
Yes you should be able to play your music wirelessly as well. When setting it up there should be that option. To play music wirelessly. I know on my ford fusion it was.

-----
My Honda Civic has a USB socket where you can plug the iPhone cable into and then it recognizes it as an iPod. Then I can control my music from the car's controls, not on the iPod app where it says something like "Accessory in use" or something. And it charges the phone. So it's cool.

No comments: