Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mophie

Apple iPhone - Mophie

Well I've owned my Mophie for the iPhone 4 now for 2 weeks.

It works well but I can not understand why when the phones battery is charged to 100% with the Mophie why it doesn't last as long as when The phone is charged to 100% with power adapter.

It almost seems like it lasts just half as long.

If I charge my phone with the Mophie my phone won't last as long as it does if I charge it with a power cord ..

iPhone Mophie
Apple iPhone Mophie
I'm not following you, how does the phone last less with a battery on it than without a battery on it? Unless you mean you are using the Mophie to charge the phone. Technically, there are 3 ways to use it (or any battery case).

1 (what I do) Start day with both fully charged, have Mophie turned on (switch to screen) so that iPhone stays at 100% and has the plugged in/fully charged logo and you are using Mophie power - this lasts me all day (I get at least 12 hours if not longer) and my Mophie still has 1 or 2 lights and iPhone never gets used - heavier use will use more power and the Mophie might get used up and then you will start using iPhone's internal battery (power plug icon will go away and 100% will go down as you use it.

2. (most instructions) - Mophie fully charged, iPhone at 100% or less and you use your iPhone until you get to 20% or less then you switch Mophie on and it charges iPhone back up and while it is charging the internal battery you are also pulling power using the phone so even though it is 1500mAh it might not last as long since it is powering the phone and charging the battery

3 (combination) - leave the Mophie turned off when phone is locked/asleep so it is not being used and when you use phone turn Mophie on so that you keep internal battery charged and draw power from Mophie for use.

or I guess a 4th, which is to use the phone until it is completely dead then put (or turn) the Mophie On and it acts like it is being plugged in.

No comments: