Sunday, October 24, 2010

Off topic kind of

Apple iPhone iPad - off topic kind of

With the holidays coming and all the new tablets out I was watching a show that said they believe the non Apple products that have flash will not hurt the sale of iPads but the other tablets will sell a lot better due to having flash.

I wonder if this will be true?

iPhone iPad
Steve Jos apple iphone ipad
No, I love how people speculate - I can guarantee the majority of the 'reporters' (unless they are actually technologists, such as Becky Worley, Andy Ihnatko, David Pogue, Walt Mossberg, etc) have no idea what "not having Flash" means and even more to the point, I guarantee that if someone goes to the store and uses an iPad vs another tablet, they will buy the iPad unless the price is considerably lower (which I haven't seen).

-----
Nonsense. This is exactly why I am selling my iPad. Many websites don't work, many other things are limited and its getting old. Sure Apple products are nice but limiting them the way Jobs has, has some wanting more.

-----
I bet most *customers* won't care, or understand, about "Flash" unless they have a friend who says they are stupid for not getting it & anything without it is useless (the way some people talk about those who do not j/b their phones.)

Price Will Rule!
The tablets that don't make it s**t-simple to operate & load & get stuff for & so on will have to offer *something* special. And a big fat *lower price*, well-advertised, will attract attention & sales.

I haven't had any problem with "no Flash" on my iToys. Haven't had any iPhone problems either even though it's not j/b. These devices are doing all that I expected of them & then some. And I'm no fanboi, I'm staying in the Windows environment for computers after all these years. Not that I haven't contemplated changing, but the idea of the work involved is just plain too daunting & sends me off for a nap thust thinking about it!

-----
this reporter had the ipad in his hand went to several websites that wouldnt work due to no flash and said this is proof that people will want flash.

-----
Going a non Apple route to be honest. Too many years of cant do this, cant do that and using and paying for apps to do what could be done with a real browser without Apples restrictions. For my use so so many websites don't display correctly on my iPad due to Jobs or Apples restrictions. Then I have to use my laptop or an Android device so I can finally surf 100% of the web.

The novelty has worn off after owning 3 versions of the iPhone and an iPad and being limited.

-----
This is a matter of individual preferences. I have an iPhone, not an iPad, and will clearly say that my browsing experience is sorely compromised by Apple's decision not to support Flash. Respectfully, Bill, I wouldn't so quickly dismiss it so glibly. Some people, indeed, don't care; perhaps eventually HTML5 will fulfill predictions that it will replace Flash. In the meantime this is simply not true, not yet. As to iPad vs other tablets, we'll just have to wait and see the other tablets.

It's certainly not true of any product on earth, even Apple, that anyone going into a store and trying it out will result in a slam-dunk.

-----
And on the other hand, I have an iPad and an iPhone, and feel my browsing experience is enhanced by the absence of Flash.

The issue is not whether or not HTML5 can or will replace Flash, it is how quickly code-writers will utilize the tools that are IN HTML5.

No comments: