Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Odd email behavior

Apple iPhone email - Odd email behavior

I have a 3gs with OS 4.0.1 and it has worked flawlessly since I bought it. Recently, I've noticed the following.

I have two email accounts on it, Exchange and Me.com. About half of the time, when I go to the Mail app and click the update icon, it spins, then stops without downloading the mail. I repeat this process and get the same result.

However, if I then switch to the other account, the mail either downloads immediately or downloads after clicking the icon.

Returning to the original account, the mail downloads correctly.

Again, half of the time things work as they should. Simply entering mail it, it updates or the clicking the icon works.

When I have this situation, I need only go to the other account, it works, then come back to the first.

Very strange.

iPhone email
Odd email behavior apple iphone email
The me.com account. It's very odd when computers/phones don't operate consistently. At least half of the time, the me.com email downloads fine.

I have shut the phone down, both power off with the red swipe and holding the buttons down longer for a full reset. Doesn't seem to have resolved this. It's been going on for several weeks.

Very strange that all I need to do is switch to the Exchange account, then back to the me.com account and the mail downloads as it should. I can click on the icon for the me.com account five times, and have it try five times, get the 'updating' message, yet the updated time doesn't change and the mail doesn't download. Switch to Exchange and back and voila it works as it should.

No comments: