Monday, October 25, 2010

iSpot through Clear

Apple iPhone - Has anyone else purchased or used an iSpot through Clear?

Evidently this is a (fairly) new 4G WiFi Hotspot device that is MAC address locked to Apple devices (iPod, iPad, iPhone, I guess Macbooks, iMacs, etc) - the device is $99 and service is UNLIMITED 4G service for $25 a month, you can add 3G fall back for a extra but this is definitely tempting instead of having data plans on iPhone, iPad, etc - they do have a ClearSpot for I think $35 a month that works with other devices but it is interesting that they chose to provide this for Apple devices...

http://www.clear.com/spot/ispot


This hotspot isn’t from Apple or AT&T. It’s from CLEAR and it’s 4G. So iSpot is fast to the core. Didn’t think your iPad™, iPhone®, or iPod touch® could get even better? Guess again, my friends, guess again.

iSpot™
4G Personal Hotspot
This hotspot isn’t from Apple® or AT&T™ .
It’s from CLEAR®.
iSpot is a 4G personal hotspot connecting up to eight of your favorite Wi-Fi-enabled Apple mobile devices, giving you freedom to use super fast mobile internet™ on the go, anywhere CLEAR has coverage.

Didn’t think your iPad™, iPhone® or iPod touch® could get even better? Guess again! See how great they get with iSpot. Your mind and devices will be racing as fast as your 4G connection.

• iSpot Flies. 4.5 ounces of pure 4G speed, everywhere in CLEAR coverage, even in a moving car.

• iSpot Plays. iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone! When you give them the freedom to access the internet at 4G speeds, it opens up new worlds.

• iSpot Shares. Tell your friends, family members and colleagues to bring it! iSpot works with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled Apple mobile devices at the same time.

• Super Fast. Super Small. Do what you love, but faster with CLEAR 4G speed. Fits in your pocket with a rechargeable battery that gives you hours of continuous use.

• Safe. Password-protected, so you control who uses it.

• Easy to Set Up and Use. Turn it on and goss


iPhone iSpot
Wallpaper apple iphone iSpot
I have Sprint's version, the Overdrive, but same device/service. I use it with my WiFi iPad and my laptops when commuting or traveling. It works very well, and better with the iPad since the last update a few months ago. Nice to have 4G when possible, but connectivity through 3G when it's not around.

-----
That's the same one I use and really like. It's been a real lifesaver especially in hotels with weak Wi-Fi.

-----
I've used Clear at home for better than a year now, and added their ClearSpot when it became feasible for us to. We currently have my iPhone and 4 laptops running at my house and Christmas will add one more.

I haven't had any trouble at all since I made the switch. The hardest part is getting used to 3G again when I'm out and about. My phone is a networking and genealogy tool for me. I couldn't function without constant and instant access to my email, Internet, database, documents and schedule. That's the main reason I bought an iPhone to begin with, and it's the reason I went with a ClearSpot at home.

-----
Good to hear but not really ;-).

I was specifically curious if anyone had used the iSpot (Apple specific MiFi) from Clear. I know quite a few people who have Clear service either as single item / 4G data cards or Clearspot devices but I wasn't aware of their iSpot ($25/mo with no limits) product until someone mentioned it today. It seems almost too good to be true, then again I guess if you aren't in a fully covered 4G area and/or have non-Apple products it is a smaller nice market.

-----
I just went to the web-site and the deal is limited to only iPod, iPad and iPhone. It doesn't include notebook or desktop Mac computers. They say this in their FAQs. I guess that's why the lower pricing.

No comments: