Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mysteriously changing features (AT&T)

Twice this month when logging in to my AT&T account, I've seen the message about wireless features being changed so no info available. My text plan has been mysteriously changed twice this month to a higher plan and I had to go change it back.

I'm going to call AT&T about this later in the day but found it odd. That was the only feature changed. Anyone else had this happen?

I changed my password.

iPhone AT&T
ATT Bell apple iphone ATnT
I had much the same experience, which confused the heck out of me, because I use FreeText, and not AT&T's text plan.

I also found a $10 subscription to one of those "text" subscriptions... even though, when texting the "STOP" message to the number provided, that service returns a message saying: "This number is not a subscriber.

To subscribe, text "JOIN" to..."

Now I've got to decide whether the hour or so I spend on the phone with AT&T is worth the $10 charged.

-----
...After several unsuccessful attempts were made to log in to your account, we have temporarily locked online access to your wireless account...

I figured it out: I got this email this morning from AT&T. I'm glad I changed my password. Kind of odd that all they ever changed was my texting package but I am glad.

No comments: