Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weather Bug -- now mostly cloudy

Apple iPhone apps - Weather Bug -- now mostly cloudy

Up until the past couple of days I've been a satisfied user of the Weather Bug app.(I have several others including TWC loaded in a weather folder but my default *has* been Weather Bug).

No longer. They have an intrusive ad for Stormchasers on Discovery that plays whenever I attempt to change app views (forecast for another city, conditions, maps, etc).

The fact that it has an especially irritating and loud audio component was the final straw.

I'm willing to pay a nominal fee for a good, clean weather app.

What are you using?

iPhone Weather Bug
Weather Bug Elite Iphone Apps
Use WeatherBug Elite and it doesn't have it. But you need to pay for it.

-----
I use the Weather Channel, Accuweather, and have a bookmark for Accuweather saved with my location.

-----
Take the Safari browser to i.wund.com (the Weather Underground), set it the way you like it, press the + sign, and save it to your home page.

-----
Pocket Weather shows the temp like the mail app does for the number of emails you have.

Go to settings and enable push and badge shows current temp. That should work.

No comments: