Monday, October 25, 2010

Photos not transferring

Apple iPhone - Photos not transferring

For some reason the last couple of times I've synced my iPhone (3GS) to iTunes (9.2.1) my pictures haven't made it to the computer. I haven't changed any settings so I'm stumped.

iPhone Syncing
wallpaper for apple iphone syncing
It is not an automatic sync, because not everyone uses iPhoto.

You have to manually sync or transfer them over.

-----
Does that mean I need to go to "Photos" before I sync? Do I check something special? Sorry if this sounds dumb, but iPhoto gives me fits -- funny since I manage to get around in Photoshop.

-----
Photos taken on the phone are not synced by iTunes. You import them with an imagephoto app. You can use Image Capture if you don't like iPhoto. I assume Photoshop can also import from the phone?

-----
No, use what ever software you wish to move your photos to your computer, iTunes does not sync photos.

-----
To be clear, you can sync photos from computer *to* iPhone (or iPod or Apple TV) using iTunes.

No comments: